Thursday, April 30, 2009

kanakapelea


I decided to venture out by myself this morning via my own two feet.  A jeep rolls by me with the top down of course and the two ladies inside throw me a shaka and aloha!  I get a little further down the road and the same jeep comes back in the other direction.  This time they stopped and asked "do you need a ride"?  I respond with "i dont really know where im going" and they say "neither do we get in"!  So i was off with my two new best friends Yadi, who is from Puerto Rico and Elife, who is from Turkey.  It turns out it is also the girl's first time to the island as well so we proceed to drive up to the North Shore which was absolutely mind blowing!  We got to know eachother and stopped at all the cool spots to run down to the beach and feel the sand, or jump in the ocean, or explore, a cave or stop for a fresh roadside coconut, or 100% Kona coffee.  The lovely ladies then dropped me off a Kealia to meet up with Nate for yet another surfing session.  Im getting much better and actually got some sweet rides.  Later on the boys and I had a gig to play at this kind of touristy resort but nonetheless it was a blast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment